What to see when buying a quadcopter
A quadcopter is basically a helicopter that is lifted and propelled by four rotors. There are also other types available like tricopters, hexacopters and octocopters. For users who are new to flying these types of best remote helicopters, it is important to consider that crashes are bound to happen during the learning period. As such, one might consider to avoid buying expensive $500 quadcopters that look very appealing. Some of the most important tips to follow for beginners who are new to flying quadcopters are:
- Buy a small inexpensive model to start and learn with. Try not to spend more than $50 – $100 on the first quadcopter. Start small with an inexpensive quadcopter. Learn the basic controls like hover, yaw, roll, control pitch and land. Master it then move on to a higher model quadcopter.
- Don’t purchase a super stabilized model. While these types of models are easy to fly, they will not give the user a complete learning experience hence the user will have a difficult time flying the ones which are harder to control.
- Do not mind cameras and gimbals. The main objective of a quadcopter flying beginner is to learn and not to do sophisticated things like aerial photography so if a good starter model has low picture quality or no cameras at all, this should not be an issue.
- Study the model and equipment. Take a reasonable amount of time to learn how the quadcopter works and the components that are used to build them.
Controlling Tips for beginners
After purchasing your first quadcopter, try not to be overwhelmed and follow these two simple controlling steps to start you off.
- First, lift the quadcopter almost instantly off the ground to a distance of about 2 feet high because of the ground effect when it is close to the floor.
- Second, start the flying practice by standing behind the quadcopter and have it face away from you. This is so as to allow the transmitter movements on the sticks to make the quadcopter go in the same direction you push.
Best quadcopter for beginners with reviews
While there are a variety of quadcopters out there some with very interesting features, it is important as a beginner to start small and buy the inexpensive models to learn on. Below are some of the recommended quadcopters that are excellent for beginners they are fpv quadcopter with camera also in without camera.
The Syma X5 Explorer
While it is not the cheapest quadcopter, it is one of the best options for beginners as it gives out excellent value. Syma X5 comes with a 2.4ghz transmitter which enables it to be flown at a distance of about 50 meters. It has a 4 channel control and 500 mAh battery. It also comes with a built in 2 megapixel camera that is capable of taking 800 photos. It costs about $50 – $60 on most shops.
Syma Quadcopter Review
Hubsan FPV X4
Husban X4 is already a Fpv Quadcopter for Beginners it comes with camera and without camera. It is one of the smallest RC Quadcopets available today with a size that can almost fit in the palm of a hand. It comes equipped with LED lights which are very suitable for night flying. Despite its small size, it has a relatively larger range than the Syma X5 with a fly distance of about 100 meters. Husban X4 comes with a 4.3 inch display for streaming live video and a four channel control. While it is not very stable as some larger models and has short flight time, it is still a good beginner model. It costs about $145 on most shops today.
Husban Quadcopter Review
Walkera QR Ladybird
It is an excellent small quadcopter for beginners. Its flight time is of about 6-8 minutes. Walkera design consists of an attractive and lifelike ladybug design with bright colors and state of the art workmanship. Its range is however quite short than the previous compared models with a distance of about 30 meters. It lacks a camera and sometimes it’s not very stable, but despite this, it is a very good learning quadcopter. Costs about $50 on the market today.